Паралелно в това, през 2020 г. успяхме да реализираме следните проекти:"I" - a mental health forum " - seminar. At the beginning of 2020, we were contacted by a group of young people from Plovdiv. Worried about the rise of eating disorders, anxiety and depression and substance abuse amongst their peers, the girls and boys from PTPI Smiles, Plovdiv, asked us for help in organising a mental health forum. Thanks to their initiative, we had the pleasure to organise "I" - a mental health forum, " an event that drew attention to a neglected love - self-love in the month of love. The psychotherapists Desislava Georgieva, Meglena Beneva and Vanya Pavlova, spoke about nutrition, sadness, apathy and self-harm in front of more than 60 people in the Limacon event hall, Plovdiv. Forbes and SKIN At the beginning of February, the first article dedicated to mental health, part of the partnership between the magazine and the" Skin - Mental Health Platform"Foundation, was published in Forbes Bulgaria magazine's print issue. In this issue, dedicated to women, you can read an article by Irina Atanasova, which examines the Bulgarian woman's mental health at work. On the Forbes Bulgaria webpage, you can find the materials published during the year. WHO, Covid-19 and mental health "Skin - Mental Health Foundation" made and disseminated the first translation of the World Health Organisation's Department of Mental Health recommendations. After its publication, UNICEF Bulgaria and the Bulgarian office of the WHO contacted us to offer their recommendations for translation. The full version can be found HERE. Pro-bono support "Skin" gathered over 150 contacts of mental health professionals, for whom we learned that in the period of lockdown offer consultations free of charge. The list was sent and proposed for distribution to the media and can be found on the foundation's website. "Mental health during an epidemic" - a series of video interviews with mental health specialists. We made the video series "Mental health during an epidemic", in which the journalist Beloslava Dimitrova talks to mental health specialists. Some of the topics we covered were:
- Covid-19 and mental health care. What does the state do?;
- Anxiety and anxiety disorders;
- Fear of infection and hypochondria;
- Eating disorders and food as a way to control stress;
- Domestic violence and conflicts at home during isolation;
- Home office with kids;
- Coping with loss.
Who did we reach?In the last year, we have reached 474,770 people on Facebook. Of these, 100,416 people have seen a Skin publication as a paid post. 11, 402 are the people we have reached on Instagram. Some of the posts that had a higher reach:
- The post with the visuals from the "Inner Voices" was seen by 109,800 people.
- The post announcing the start of the padded cell fundraising campaign has reached over 30,500 people.
- The study of attitudes towards mental health in our country - over 26,200 people.
- The video interview of Beloslava Dimitrova with Dr Plamen Dimitrov from the series "Mental health during a pandemic" on the topic of loss and death - nearly 13,000 people.
- The video interview of Beloslava with the psychotherapist Lyubomira Mancheva from the series "Mental health during a pandemic" on food and eating disorders - nearly 9000 people.
- The introduction of the recommendations of the Department of Mental Health to the WHO - 914 likes
- The interview with Dr Tsvetelsava Galabova - 501 likes
- The launching post of the fundraising campaign for the padded cell was liked by 362 of you.
- The post on pandemic-related anxiety and how it can provoke physical sensations resembling symptoms was liked by 311 people.